Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sushi Tengoku

I was in Surrey! (and I'm not down there too often) So Bryan and I decided to try a place we haven't been to, but in Surrey. We present to you: Sushi Tengoku. It was the former location of Anducci's, right beside Starbucks.We got there at 5:45pm and were seated right away at a booth by the window. We were immediately impressed. Great looking modern place, hip atmosphere and friendly employees. They all had smiles on their faces everytime they came over, which is important to us. It even looks like they have special seating upstairs.
LOL at Bryan's shirt! (It's very true!)

We didn't really have one particular server. There were 3 different people who were checking on us, taking orders, cleaning table, etc.
So we looked at the menu and there's definitely lots of choices, they have the traditional japanese dishes and also some creative ones like "the nude boy roll" haha that was my favorite (name), but we didn't actually order that. And the prices are moderate too. Not cheap, but not overly expensive either.

First up is my green salad :) Lol I don't know why, but I love the dressing on the salads at Japanese restaurants so I almost always order one, if it's not already included.
Good-sized portion. Veggies were fresh and crisp, not soggy and drenched with water like some places. And yummy dressing :)

I also ordered a Beef Teriyaki Roll. I don't like raw fish or raw anything so I usually avert to this roll.
To share, Bryan and I decided on a "Crunch Roll". This was pretty good too. It had prawn tempura and yam tempura on the top. Delicious!
Here's a close-up of the Crunch Roll:

Bryan on the other hand, loves raw stuff. So he ordered a Salmon Don.
Portion was good.And he says the salmon tasted very fresh! Also, with plentiful of rice, he almost had a hard time finishing.

I noticed giant Penguins in the decor so I had to take a photo of them :)
Here's our bill that came up to $26.29. Not bad for a great experience!
What I also like is on the receipt, the do the math for you and split the cost for each person. This is great if you're out with a bunch of friends and are all paying for their own food.


So if you're ever in Surrey, Sushi Tengoku is a great place to eat! Highly recommended :)
Overall, 9.5 out of 10 rating
Happy Eating, xoxo,
Dina & Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment