Monday, June 18, 2012

Benny's Cafe

Last week, Bryan and I took our cruisers out for a ride and rode down to Kitsilano to pick up some of our favourite chocolates from Thomas Haas and to have a late lunch here at Benny's Cafe. I believe it was formerly known as Benny's Bagels, and I found out why when we were there. They have a wide assortment of fresh bagels :)
The place has wood furnishings with touches of a funky modern feel. It's really cozy in there and also has seating upstairs. Really cool vibe! Only problem we had was that there wasn't any air conditioning inside and with it being 19degrees outside and us warm from the bike ride, it felt really cooped up inside with humid air.

So we walk up to the counter and place our orders. What to choose?..what to choose?...The menu had a lot of things I wanted to try :) I gave my name and Bryan and I took a seat upstairs in the loft. We found a table by an open door so that was accomodating to us, letting a cool breeze in. 10 minutes later and they bring our food to us.

Bryan ordered a "Benny's Benny"
Eggs benedict with ham on a pizza bagel (Bryan's choice!)
I stole half of one! It was mouthwatering delicious!! The pizza bagel went really nice with it and the egg with the sauce was heaven!! We both love it!! 

I had a Turkey BLT on a Sundried Tomato bagel
Wow! I loved it! The bagel was sliced into 3 layers. All the ingredients were so fresh and had a great crunch to it. Very delicious! The sauce they used was nice too it had a tangy and almost spicy, but not spicy taste lol.
We both really enjoyed this place, both the food and the atmosphere. Will definitely be back numerous times!
We rate Benny's Cafe a 9 out of 10.

See you soon Benny! :)

Happy Eating! xoxo,
Dina & Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment