Friday, February 24, 2012

Tokyo John Sushi


Today after work, I met up with Bryan for a late lunch. My boss had told me about this place, so we decided to try it out. Tokyo John Sushi is located on Cambie Street. The ambiance and service was what I expected from a Japanese restaurant - average modern decor and lovely service. No wait time for a table and we sat right by the window. One thing which was disappointing was that the tea served was cold! not hot, not warm, but cold! Even when Bryan got a refill of tea, still cold... I ordered the lunch box special for 7.95 (available until 3pm)
It came with 6pcs california roll, beef teriyaki (or you can choose chicken), 3 pcs tempura, salad and miso soup. The salad had no taste and was very watery :( the california roll was average. The shrimp and yam tempura were delicious, and for the first time, I saw the yam cut into a square shape! lol I got excited about that. And the beef teriyaki over rice was good, but I've tasted better. I quite enjoyed the miso soup as well.

Here I am slurping away at my miso soup!

Bryan ordered the Oyako Don. It's chicken, egg, and this slippery, translucent thin noodle on top of rice. I had a taste and it was yummmmy. Warm cozy food! The sauce tasted great. It was also $7.95.

We also ordered a Golden Dragon roll to share. It was nice when the chef came out to serve it to us. It was a bit of a splurge at $11.95, but we hardly get specialty rolls and this was definitely worth it.
It had tempura, avocado and ASPARAGUS! and topped with a special white sauce and teriyaki. We loved it!

Also something good to know, is that they have brown rice available instead of the traditional white, for an extra dollar per roll. I really like that idea especially if you're watching what you eat, but unfortunately we're also watching our wallets!

In the end, we would definitely come back to Tokyo John!
Overall, Tokyo John gets a rating of 8 out of 10.
Happy Eating! xoxo
Dina & Bryan


No comments:

Post a Comment