Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Marulilu Cafe

Last month, my lovely took me to a new Japanese breakfast place. Marulilu Cafe is on the corner of Cambie and Broadway (451 West Broadway). It's very accessible as it is right across from the Broadway-City Hall skytrain station.
When she said, Japanese breakfast, I didn't really know what to expect. I was like, sushi for breakfast?? hahaha but I was pleasantly surprised, we were promptly greeted by 2 very friendly staff. We order at the counter and then they bring you your order. The place isn't huge either, it could probably seat about 25 - 30 people.
Everything on the menu was reasonably priced.
Here is my order:

Eggs Benny with one hashbrown with my choice of ham
I must say these are the best tasting eggs benny I've ever had. I've only had eggs benny maybe 5 times in my life, but this one tops them all.
Presentation is superb and the taste was very delicious, served warm as it should be.
I believe my dish was just under $8.




Here is Hambie's order: a Japanese style Breakfast
It came with a bowl of steamed white rice, miso soup, tofu, plain egg omelet and her choice of salmon. I believe everything was tasty, but I do recall her mentioning that the tofu was kind of dry and would've been nice with a sauce.
Well presented dish as well


We are happy happy! and so are our tummies! :)

The only concern I had was that I don't think there was air conditioning, it was pretty stuffy inside especially with the sun shining through the window.
I know that my opinions on this place aren't fresh, seeing as I'm writing this post almost 2 months later, but it's to the best that I can remember.

All in all, I give Marulilu Cafe an 8.5 out of 10 and will definitely come back again to try some other items on the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment